Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 7 of DIGC101

Today we did a bit on blogging - what a surprise. I particularly found Katie's insights into her blogging interesting, she was a guest lecturer for today. She keeps three blogs - her personal, research and LiveJournal blog - and has these clear delineations for a reason. She told us of how she got fired because she defamed the company on her personal blog using a work computer. Not only that, but she told us of the extensive action the company took - "Someone in IT will always be reading your blog" - and the threat of legal action. It was quite an awakening for me because I like to think I like to drop in and post on my own personal blog from time to time and (as my prior post noted) I just ran into a bit of exposure. Maybe its a sign...

We also did some presentations today for different questions in relation to gender on blogs. I don't remember much of it now, but my argument was pretty baseless (we won though so all good).

No comments: